couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Gonzalez <>
Subject Problems installing CouchDB 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 8.04 Server (HardyHeron)
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 11:15:47 GMT

I am using the git repo (git:// for this
I have selected tag 1.2.0. I do:

And then:

$ ./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
./configure: line 3698: syntax error near unexpected token `win32-dll'
./configure: line 3698: `LT_INIT(win32-dll)'

What does this error mean? Has somebody been able to install CouchDB 1.2.0
in Ubuntu 8.04 Server?