couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Re: Wildcard search on startkey and endkey
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 05:21:12 GMT
Hi Pulkit,

> Is it possible to do a search using startkey and endkey in v1.2.0 where the
> beginning elements could be anything? Like this:
> startkey=[ {}, {}, {}, "elem4name", "elem5name" ]

No. Think about the view index as a set of cards in a card sorter. You need to know where
to start searching.
If you need to search a card according to elem4name and elem5name, build a view for that.

> With a compound key being spit out by a MAP as follows:
> emit ( [elem1, elem2, elem3, elem4, elem5], doc);

Please note that you never need to emit the document.
You can "emit([elem1, elem2, elem3, elem4, elem5], null)"
and then get the view with "include_docs=true".
You'll get a smaller index on disk and I suppose you will need less memory and CPU to handle
it.

Regards,

Aurélien