couchdb-user mailing list archives

From stephen bartell <snbart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dropping revision records
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 06:17:31 GMT
Heres a couple links that i found useful:

http://jchrisa.net/drl/_design/sofa/_list/post/post-page?startkey=["Rev-trees-what-are-they"]

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Replication_and_conflicts

http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/conflicts.html

Stephen Bartell

Look ahead, understand the shift, and imagine the right solution five years from now. Then
do it!
-baekdal

On Sep 6, 2012, at 8:45 PM, richter@ecos.de wrote:

> Hi,
>

>> Its a PUT to /dbname/_revs_limit IIRC. Not sure if there's a wiki page or not.
>>
>> Also, it limits the number of _revisions per leaf in a revision tree.
>> There's a lot of subtlety in there so you'll definitely want to fully understand
>> revision trees and conflict resolution before you start going too small on that.
>>

> I really would like to understand how this all is handled. Is there any documentation
that can shed some light on it? I didn't found anything so far.