couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.2.0, Amazon EC@ & Amazon Linux AMI
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 19:33:51 GMT
Looks like the js-devel/compiling from source conflict was the compilation issue.

I've removed js-devel from the yum install line and CouchDB compiles without a problem, and
starts up and runs as expected.

However, when I come to generate views, I get lots of the following error:

[Sat, 01 Sep 2012 19:30:59 GMT] [error] [<0.236.0>] OS Process Error <0.23368.0>
:: {os_process_error,
                                                     {exit_status,127}}

Which seems to indicate that my SpiderMonkey installation is "not correct"[1], but I'm not
sure how my install differs from a "correct" install.

Martin

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Error_messages#OS_Process_Error_.7Bos_process_error.2C.7Bexit_status.2C127.7D.7D

On Saturday, 1 September 2012 at 19:37, CGS wrote:

> ...and I suppose you don't have SpiderMonkey there. There may be a problem
> if js-devel is too old.
>

> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se (mailto:martin@thenoi.se)>
wrote:

> > Hi Dave, CGS,
> >
> > Thanks for replying - these lines are copied directly from my CentOS
> > script, which works, and I haven't quite got through unpicking each line
> > yet (if it ain't broke etc).
> >
> > I'll try without js-devel.
> >
> > My ./configure command is:
> > ./configure --with-erlang=/usr/local/lib/erlang/usr/include
> > --with-js-lib=/usr/local/lib/ --with-js-include=/usr/local/include/js/
> >

> > Martin
> >

> > On Saturday, 1 September 2012 at 18:08, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> >
> > > On 1 September 2012 16:11, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se (mailto:martin@thenoi.se)
(mailto: