couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Any way to upload a revision in pieces?
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 21:36:34 GMT

On Sep 9, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> No, there's no way to do that, since a document must change from one revision to another
atomically.

That’s what I thought.

> The CouchDB replicator uses multipart/related PUT to send the document and all attachments
(streamed) in a single request. The max_document_size (4gb, insanely, in couchdb, 64mb on
cloudant) does not apply to streamed attachments or the multipart/related PUT method. It seems
like you're asserting that TouchDB doesn't follow suit, which would surprise me.

TouchDB’s replicator uploads docs with attachments in MIME multipart/related format. But
Cloudant is rejecting them anyway. Are you saying it ought to be allowing HTTP uploads of
arbitrary size as long as the main JSON doc is < 64MB? Because that isn’t what's happening.

—Jens