couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Portable CouchDB?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 22:09:46 GMT

On Sep 7, 2012, at 8:58 AM, Johannes Schneider <mailings@cedarsoft.com> wrote:

> Is there any progress/any ideas towards a portable CouchDB installation?
> I'd love to be able to install CouchDB by just extracting an archive...

What do you mean by “portable”? Cross-platform, or lightweight, or embeddable, or easy-to-install?

If you’re looking at something you can embed in a desktop (or mobile) app, TouchDB* is aimed
at that. At the moment it supports Mac OS, iOS and Android, but some months ago I got a GNUstep
version working that could be used on other platforms that support GNUstep (like Linux and,
apparently, Windows.)

—Jens

* http://touchdb.org