couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: RSS/Atom feed show/list function
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 03:16:14 GMT

On Sep 20, 2012, at 7:51 PM, Wordit <wordituk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone happen to have a show/list function that outputs an RSS/Atom feed?
> I couldn't find any in the archives so far. Just hoping somebody
> already has a code snippet lying around.

I don’t have an answer, but if you find or write one, please test it with the W3C Feed Validator:
	http://validator.w3.org/appc/

In a past life I wrote a news-reader client, and the number of invalid RSS feeds we found
in the wild was astounding. It made my job a lot more painful to have to deal with tag soup,
screwy date formats, broken metacharacter escaping, etc. etc.

—Jens