couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "john.tiger" <john.tigernas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: does jquery.couch actually work ?
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:07:09 GMT
On 09/21/2012 06:00 AM, Simon Metson wrote:
> Yup, you'll need to proxy CouchDB so that everything appears to come from the same server.
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Nginx_As_a_Reverse_Proxy might be a decent place to start.

thks for this reference - still cannot get it to work - here is the file
(in sites-available symlinked to sites-enabled (nginx.conf is still the
default except with user added to top)

any help appreciated

server {
   #listen   80; ## listen for ipv4; this line is default and implied
   #listen   [::]:80 default_server ipv6only=on; ## listen for ipv6

   root /home/work/couchdb/testdb;
   index index.html index.htm;

   # Make site accessible from http://localhost/
   server_name localhost;

   location  ^/(.*)/_changes {
     proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:5984/;
     proxy_redirect off;
     proxy_buffering off;
     proxy_set_header Host $host;
   }

   location /testdb {
     rewrite /testdb/(.*) /$1 break;
     proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:5984/;
     proxy_redirect off;
     proxy_set_header Host $host;
   }
}

> On Thursday, 20 September 2012 at 22:04, john.tiger wrote:
>
>> On 09/20/2012 01:26 PM, Simon Metson wrote:
>>> Hey John,
>>> http://bradley-holt.com/2011/07/couchdb-jquery-plugin-reference/ might be a useful
reference for you.

>>> I've got a working example that I'll put online tomorrow. It uses backbone Events
to communicate when someone logs in/out, but if you don't need/want that removing it should
be easy enough.
>>> Cheers