couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Re: RSS/Atom feed show/list function
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 12:48:08 GMT
On 9/20/2012 11:16 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:
> On Sep 20, 2012, at 7:51 PM, Wordit <wordituk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone happen to have a show/list function that outputs an RSS/Atom feed?
>> I couldn't find any in the archives so far. Just hoping somebody
>> already has a code snippet lying around.
> I don’t have an answer, but if you find or write one, please test it with the W3C Feed
Validator:
> 	http://validator.w3.org/appc/
>
> In a past life I wrote a news-reader client, and the number of invalid RSS feeds we found
in the wild was astounding. It made my job a lot more painful to have to deal with tag soup,
screwy date formats, broken metacharacter escaping, etc. etc.

If you feel like trying your hand at building/extending another
news-reader client, Dale Harvey's Settee would be a good place to start:
https://github.com/daleharvey/settee