couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject CouchDB 1.2.0, Amazon EC@ & Amazon Linux AMI
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 12:14:47 GMT
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a successful build script/process for CouchDB 1.2.0 on an Amazon
EC2 Linux AMI instance?

It seems to be similar to CentOS, but my usual, hardened, CentOS deployment process isn't
working - when I come to make CouchDB, I get the dreaded "couchdb implicit declaration of
function ‘INT_FITS_IN_JSVAL’" error and it bails out.

The only difference I'm finding so far is that, in order to compile SpiderMonkey, I'm having
to download an .rpm for autoconf-2.13 as the Amazon yum repos don't seem to have it, where
the CentOS repos do.

However, all the steps complete satisfactorily, and SpiderMonkey compiles, but by the time
I get to make-ing CouchDB, I get the above error.

In pseudo-script, my process is:

* Add RPMForge repo
* Install dependencies: libicu-devel openssl-devel make gcc js-devel libtool which ncurses-devel
icu libicu
* Install ERLang
* Install SpiderMonkey deps
* Download SpiderMonkey source
* autoconf-2.13/configure/make && make install
* Download CouchDB source
* configure/make && make install

...which is roughly where I get stuck.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.