couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: couchdb clusters
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 07:28:44 GMT
Hi,
CouchDB 1.3 is a normal point release of Couch. I think there are no (major) breaking API
changes, and it doesn't include the BigCouch merge. CouchDB 2.0 will be the BigCouch merge,
and will have breaking API changes.
HTH
Simon

On Wednesday, 5 September 2012 at 00:47, stephen bartell wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I've heard it mentioned that Couchdb 1.3 will incorporate BigCouch. So can we expect
the API differences of BigCouch to make their way into 1.3?

> Stephen Bartell
>
> Look ahead, understand the shift, and imagine the right solution five years from now.
Then do it!
> -baekdal
>
> On Sep 4, 2012, at 4:32 PM, Robert Newson wrote:
>
> > Yes.
> >
> > On 5 Sep 2012, at 00:26, stephen bartell wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've been reading through CouchDB the Definitive Guide, and the Clustering
chapter it is pointing me to Couch Lounge for my cluster needs. As far as I can tell, the
source for lounge hasn't been touched in 2 years.