couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [os_daemons] & couchdb-lucene process
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2012 21:56:56 GMT

couchdb-lucene is a standalone service and does not usually start or stop with couchdb. As
Paul notes, processes daemonized by couchdb are required to exit when stdin is closed, which
newer versions of couchdb-lucene do not do. If the os_daemons feature sent a kill signal,
then couchdb-lucene would indeed exit as expected.

In summary, couchdb-lucene is a normal service and does not honor the couchdb external handlers
model.

B.