That version doesn't work... :P Which is why I pointed you to the version I had in my project.. underscore removed CommonJS bindings... there's a long thread on that on a google group somewhere...

I dug up some previous version that still had the CommonJS bindings....  which was here:

https://github.com/jimklo/TheCollector/blob/master/dataservices/thecollector-resources/views/lib/underscore-min.js

you'll need to dump it into the views/lib directory and make sure your kanso.json has modules dependency:

{
    "modules":["lib","views"],
    "load": "lib/app",
    "dependencies": {
        "modules": null,
        "properties": null
    }
}

then require in your view would be:

var _ = require("views/lib/underscore-min");

You can take a look at this kanso app as an example:

https://github.com/jimklo/TheCollector/blob/master/dataservices/thecollector-resources/

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering