couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: function_clause error in HTTP request
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 17:26:50 GMT
Robert,

> Having read much of the attachment streaming code and the multipart parsing code, and
the manner that they connect, the fix isn't going to be easy but it feels necessary.
> Each MP part can have http headers, including Content-Length, which points to a way forward.

Great. Actually the workaround on my side is going to be easier than I thought, because I
just realized I've already written a custom JSON encoder, for the purpose of generating canonical
JSON (necessary for getting consistent revision IDs for the same document bodies.) And a big
part of what that encoder does is write dictionary keys in sorted order. So I can use that
to write the main document body, and then make sure to write the attachment bodies sorted
in the same order by filename. (Pieter, I think I can have this pushed out pretty soon, probably
later today.)

—Jens