couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Include CouchDB in Windows Application
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 11:33:27 GMT
On 31 August 2012 11:58, Ido Ran <ido.ran@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm developing a Windows 7 Client Application.
> I would like to use local CouchDB as my data store.
> I am currently using Microsoft ClickOnce deployment framework which allow
> to install an application without administrator privileges, which means it
> get install on the user home directory.
>
> 1) Is it possible to copy erlang runtime and CouchDB into the to directory
> in which my application will be install and run it from there, without
> executing any setup packages?
> 2) If no is it possible to setup CouchDB and erlang without admin account?
>
> Thank you,
> Ido

Hi Ido,

1) yes, broadly speaking. Avoid spaces in path if you can. Erlang & CouchDB
are fine with relative paths in the config, just ensure you are not changing
working directory within Erlang/CouchDB itself obviously.

2) yes. unzip & run.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Quirks_on_Windows#Integrating_CouchDB_into_your_Windows_Applications

If you're missing any info, just reply back to this thread & I'll pick it
up.

A+
Dave