couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bidirectional replication
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:49:02 GMT
...additionally, note that there are two types of replications, push and
pull for two distinct servers (it makes no sense this definition for one
server), depending on where the replication task is registered. Choose the
most suitable for your project details:

POST ServerA/_replicate {"source":"DbA","target":"ServerB/DbB"|,options}
POST ServerB/_replicate {"source":"ServerA/DbA","target":"DbB"|,options}

but, from my personal experience, the pull replication works better. I
might be wrong, though (I haven't used replication in 1.2.0, so, my info
may be outdated).

You can see the replications via ServerA/_utils/status.html (or ServerB).

CGS