couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Michael Parker <michael.g.par...@gmail.com>
Subject Changing the system clock underneath a multi-master setup
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:13:39 GMT
I have two servers running CouchDB in a multi-master setup, where each
is performing a continuous pull replication on the other. I stupidly
assumed that both servers had their system time set appropriately with
ntpd, but I was wrong, and they're both off by a minute or two. Will
running ntpd on each server affect CouchDB or the replication at all?
Should I play it safe and stop replication, down CouchDB, change the
clock, and then up CouchDB and start replication again?

(Sorry if this sounds super-paranoid.)

Thanks!

- Mike