couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: more refused connections
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 21:41:45 GMT
I can confirm that the server is running before and directly after the
error occurs.  I think I've seen where compaction or view creations
have suddenly stopped as if the server restarted.  Does CouchDB
automatically restart under certain circumstances?  Maybe it's in the
middle of restarting when I get the refused connection.

I'm not using a library, but pretty much the same code as what's in
the wiki...   http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_PHP
The CouchSimple class.  The fsockopen() method is what throws the
error.

I'm using 1.2.0

And unfortunately I can't reliably replicate the problem.  I was
having it occur quite a bit a few months ago, but then it went away.
According to my logs, it seems that immediately before the refused
connection I get an empty response (I got an error when I try to parse
the response as JSON and I saw that it was empty).  ....  I just
checked my couch.log and see this:

[Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:53:02 GMT] [error] [<0.20.0>] {error_report,<0.9.0>,
                                 {<0.20.0>,std_error,
                                  "File operation error: eacces.
Target: ./couch_httpd_oauth.beam. Function: get_file. Process:
code_server."}}
[Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:53:02 GMT] [error] [<0.20.0>] {error_report,<0.9.0>,
                                 {<0.20.0>,std_error,
                                  "File operation error: eacces.
Target: ./oauth_uri.beam. Function: get_file. Process: code_server."}}
[Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:53:02 GMT] [error] [<0.20.0>] {error_report,<0.9.0>,
                                 {<0.20.0>,std_error,
                                  "File operation error: eacces.
Target: ./couch_httpd_auth.beam. Function: get_file. Process:
code_server."}}
[Mon, 06 Aug 2012 19:53:02 GMT] [error] [<0.20.0>] {error_report,<0.9.0>,
                                 {<0.20.0>,std_error,
                                  "File operation error: eacces.
Target: ./couch_httpd_db.beam. Function: get_file. Process:
code_server."}}

I think I have all the permissions correct as far as I can see...  For
example the last file, couch_httpd_db.beam, has read permissions to
all.