couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <>
Subject max_document_size limits on hosted services?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 00:24:21 GMT
I've had a few reports from TouchDB users of problems replicating large documents up to hosted
services (IrisCouch or Cloudant). The symptom is that TouchDB uploads ~200k of JSON via _bulk_docs
and then either gets a 503 error or just a dropped connection. I'm wondering whether this
is a symptom of hitting a server-side limit on the maximum size of a document body.

Looking through the CouchDB config I see a couchdb.max_document_size setting, but it defaults
to 4GB, which should be more than sufficient :) It's also set to 4GB on my basic IrisCouch
account. Is there some other limit on document size, or known bugs that would cause a server
error with very large JSON documents?

View raw message