couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: function_clause error in HTTP request
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 18:09:47 GMT

On Aug 3, 2012, at 10:36 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen errors like this before. IIRC, the underlying issue is that
> there's a bug in the attachment handling related to gzipped vs
> identity content lengths. Specifically I think it was when CouchDB
> receives an attachment that's gzipped it doesn't bother doing an
> "gunzip > /dev/null" type operation to get the identity length and
> then when it sends the attachment to something that doesn't understand
> gzip compression there's a mismatch in what lengths are expected.

I searched for this in Jira and found COUCHDB-1177 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1177>
which has the exact same backtrace, although nothing in its description mentions attachments
or gzip.

It was fixed last May, but there is a later comment from December saying it still occurs with
1.1.1.
I added a new comment referencing the issue replicating with TouchDB.

Anything I can do here? As it stands this is a serious compatibility issue for TouchDB and
I want to fix it before the next beta. Would disabling transmitting gzipped attachments help?

—Jens