couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Ohimor <>
Subject Base64 attachment via Futon
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 15:22:42 GMT
I apologize if this isn't the right venue for asking questions.

Context:  I'm posting a document with an attachment.  The attachment is a Base64 url-safe
encoded string.  I am posting to a local CouchDB server (R15B) via the Futon Interface.

Problem:  I expected response should be 'ok' the response I get is the following

I have tested this process with a slightly altered document where the base64 encoded string
is non-url safe however I manually removed the line breaks and the post to CouchDB was successful.
 After replacing the non-url safe encoded string with url-safe encoded string generated by
commons-codec library I received the aforementioned error.

Can anyone shed light on what could be going on and what 'reason 45' means?