couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: max_document_size limits on hosted services?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 00:49:36 GMT
We have the maximum size set smaller at Cloudant, but certainly well above the 200 KB you mention
here.  I'm not aware of other more restrictive limits in our setup (and I'm certain multi-MB
uploads work in the general case).  Cheers,

Adam

On Aug 27, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

> I've had a few reports from TouchDB users of problems replicating large documents up
to hosted services (IrisCouch or Cloudant). The symptom is that TouchDB uploads ~200k of JSON
via _bulk_docs and then either gets a 503 error or just a dropped connection. I'm wondering
whether this is a symptom of hitting a server-side limit on the maximum size of a document
body.

> Looking through the CouchDB config I see a couchdb.max_document_size setting, but it
defaults to 4GB, which should be more than sufficient :) It's also set to 4GB on my basic
IrisCouch account. Is there some other limit on document size, or known bugs that would cause
a server error with very large JSON documents?