couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jan Fajerski <fajer...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: Map Reduce Implementation
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 08:54:46 GMT
Thanks Mathias,
it is a good starting point, What I am more interested though are the technical
details. What Javascript engine is used, who does the system deal with failures,
how is workload distributed (if at all) and other such questions.
May the dev list be a better place to ask such questions?

Best Jan

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 07:47:52AM +0200, Mathias Leppich wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I think the Definitive Guide [1] gives a good understanding what's behind CouchDB's views,
the indexes that are incrementally generated by a MapReduce functions written in JavaScript
(or any other language).