couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: trouble accessing futon
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:55:01 GMT
Lee,

When you need to restart iptables (sooner the better!) I've found csf (http://configserver.com/cp/csf.html)
to be a nice, quick way of configuring it, as you just open the conf file (/etc/csf/csf.conf)
find the TCP_IN line, add the CouchDB port and restart (/etc/init.d/csf restart) and it takes
care of loading and unloading the iptables chains.

Martin

Technical Director
Thenoi.se

w: http://www.thenoi.se

On Tuesday, 10 July 2012 at 15:44, Lee Burke wrote:

> Martin,
>
> You hit it right on, it was iptables. I didn't realize CentOS had iptables running by
default.
> For any others with this issue, I ran these commands:
> service iptables stop
> service ip6tables stop.
>
> Now that I can access futon, I'll start seeing how this software works.
>
> Thanks.
> Lee

Neither will respond, Firefox times out with this message: The connection has timed out. The
server at hostname is taking too long to respond.
response and also curl -X GET http://hostname:5984/_all_dbs and get the "_users" response.