couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Nick North <>
Subject Re: Binding to both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 21:43:24 GMT
Thanks Dave. I also saw that bit of code and was hoping there was something I could do in the
CouchDb config to influence it, but apparently not.

It's actually not critical to do this: the underlying problem is the .NET WebRequest trying
the IPv6 address for localhost before the IPv4 one, which introduces a one second delay to
calls. I can work around it by resolving localhost to an IPv4 address before the WebRequest.
That's probably easier than the alternatives.

On 8 Jul 2012, at 22:22, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:

> On 8 July 2012 19:04, Nick North <> wrote:
>> Is it possible to bind a CouchDb server to both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses?
>> I'm running CouchDb 1.2 on Windows 7 and I seem to be able to bind to
>> the public IPv4 address with bind_address =, or to the IPv6 address
>> with bind_address = ::, but I don't know if there is a way to specify both.
>> Nick North
> Hi Nick,
> CouchDB uses Mochweb to handle the http/ip layer. Reading
> implies that it might be if the OS can handle it. But I'm not sure I read
> it right,
> or if Windows allows you to do that.
> If not, your best bet is likely to set up a teredo forwarder of some sort.
> This is out of my experience,  but
> has some stuff that might point you in the right direction.
> A+
> Dave

View raw message