couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Pipelining?
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 23:19:55 GMT
Pretty sure Bob's got it hit on the head here. Mochiweb should handle
it just fine but its quite possible that we have latent bugs since I'm
not sure how many people have exercised this bit of the code.

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> It should, yes. Mochi *does* but there have been some spots in our handling where we
misbehaved. If there *are* bugs, I would really like to squish them.

> On 1 Jul 2012, at 15:10, Jens Alfke wrote:
>
>> Does the HTTP server in CouchDB [MochiWeb?] support HTTP pipelining? I'd like to
enable it in TouchDB's replicator as it should make 'pull' replication a lot faster, but I
first want to make sure it's not something unsupported or flaky in CouchDB.

>> In the long run it would be good to come up with an extension to the API to allow
the replicator to fetch remote revisions in bulk. Currently the large number of small HTTP
GETs (one per revision) greatly lower the performance of pulls.