couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Binding to both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 21:22:43 GMT
On 8 July 2012 19:04, Nick North <north.n@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to bind a CouchDb server to both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses?
> I'm running CouchDb 1.2 on Windows 7 and I seem to be able to bind to
> the public IPv4 address with bind_address = 0.0.0.0, or to the IPv6 address
> with bind_address = ::, but I don't know if there is a way to specify both.
>
> Nick North

Hi Nick,

CouchDB uses Mochweb to handle the http/ip layer. Reading
https://github.com/mochi/mochiweb/blob/master/src/mochiweb_socket_server.erl#L174
implies that it might be if the OS can handle it. But I'm not sure I read
it right,
or if Windows allows you to do that.

If not, your best bet is likely to set up a teredo forwarder of some sort.
This is out of my experience,  but
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd379548%28v=WS.10%29.aspx
has some stuff that might point you in the right direction.

A+
Dave