couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: accessing previous document revisions within a view
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:05:31 GMT
Yeah, I'm not planning to rely on it, just a way to hint at which
documents I need to look at without having to look at all documents or
alter the document's structure.

Okay, I guess I'll have to figure out a different approach then...  thanks.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> The couchdb revision system is to provide eventual consistency between database replicas.
It is not a user-facing document versioning system. Old revisions are deleted during compaction
and are not replicated either.