couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject noob problem getting started with lucene
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:25:05 GMT
(I posted this as an issue on rnewson/couchdb-lucene and I moved it here)

I cannot get a lucene query to work and need help.

Lucene is running ok and the proxy from couchdb to lucene is working.

    curl http://127.0.0.1:5985
    {"couchdb-lucene":"Welcome","version":"0.9.0-SNAPSHOT"}

    curl http://root:tbgcomps2@localhost:5984/_fti
    {"couchdb-lucene":"Welcome","version":"0.9.0-SNAPSHOT"}

My index view looks like this but the indexes directory is empty.  When is
Lucene supposed to create the index?  On the first request?

{
   name: {
       index: function (doc) {
            var ret;
            if (doc.name && !doc.closed && !doc._deleted) {
                ret = new Document();
                ret.add(doc.name);
                return ret;
            }
         }
     }
}

I've tried both of these URLs.  They are based on two different examples in
the readme, which seem to be contradictory formats.

Readme example:
http://127.0.0.1:5984/_fti/local/db1/_design/cl-test/idx?q=hello

    curl
http://localhost:5984/_fti/local/mydb/_design/mydesign/name?q=testname
   {"reason":"bad_request","code":500}

Readme example:
http://localhost:5984/database/_fti/_design/foo/by_subject?q=hello

     curl http://localhost:5984/mydb/_fti/_design/mydesign/name?q=testname
    {"reason":"bad_request","code":400}

Can someone suggest what I might be doing wrong?