couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <>
Subject noob problem getting started with lucene
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:25:05 GMT
(I posted this as an issue on rnewson/couchdb-lucene and I moved it here)

I cannot get a lucene query to work and need help.

Lucene is running ok and the proxy from couchdb to lucene is working.

    curl http://root:tbgcomps2@localhost:5984/_fti

My index view looks like this but the indexes directory is empty.  When is
Lucene supposed to create the index?  On the first request?

   name: {
       index: function (doc) {
            var ret;
            if ( && !doc.closed && !doc._deleted) {
                ret = new Document();
                return ret;

I've tried both of these URLs.  They are based on two different examples in
the readme, which seem to be contradictory formats.

Readme example:

Readme example:

     curl http://localhost:5984/mydb/_fti/_design/mydesign/name?q=testname

Can someone suggest what I might be doing wrong?