couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>
Subject Re: bind_address requires numeric addresses
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 00:41:40 GMT
It probably does, but bind_address is what TCP/IP interface to listen on.
In a similar vein, Apache doesn't let you Listen on host names, because
you're listening on a TCP/IP interface, not a domain name. And domain name
address records can map to different IPs based on where the request
originated. Maybe that IP isn't a valid interface in the server even.

I agree that there should be an error if it can't bind to the address
provided though.