couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Ian Cox <ian....@releasemobile.com>
Subject checkpointing view update at seq
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:13:09 GMT
Hi everyone,

My database has an update_seq of 173976. Not that big really.

I am adding a fairly small document to the database and a new view
that only looks at that document but I see in the log checkpointing
view update for every document in the database. Is this because it has
to check every document to see if it applies to the new view? And does
this mean that as the database gets bigger then any new view will take
longer and longer to generate? Is there a way to speed this up, or
tell it somehow to ignore the other documents when building this view?

Best Regards
Ian