couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Best way to monitor availability of a CouchDB install
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 13:51:42 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working up a monitoring system to track our database servers' statuses and I was just
wondering if anyone had any hints or tips of how best to detect a server going down or becoming
unreachable?

My current plan is to subscribe to the _changes feed for a system database, say _users, with
a heartbeat of a second or so, and mark the server "at risk" if the connection drops, or the
heartbeat doesn't arrive, and mark it as "down" if the _changes connection can't be re-established
or if a second heartbeat in a row is missed.

Martin