couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: Cached temporary views
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 10:25:01 GMT
Hi,
I think you'd be better off making fresh views (e.g. upload the same view code to multiple
design documents). The caching is a good thing (it saves you time and cpu!), I don't think
it can be turned off. It's also not a realistic test to have it disabled, you're not going
to run like that in production. You could rm the view file between tests, I suppose.

A better test might be to have a view defined, insert N documents hit the view and time the
response, add another N docs, time the view, repeat etc. That way you can work out how quickly
your view builds for a given set of docs. There are some tools to generate fake data, which
is handy for this kind of test.
Cheers
Simon