couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mathias Leppich <mlepp...@muhqu.de>
Subject Re: Filtered replication topologies
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 07:22:05 GMT
Hi Andreas,

If you replicated to R1..n via an intermediate database they will not know the source DB.
But if you KNOW that M's seq N has already made its way via I to the Rs, you can use that
seq N as a start seq parameter for a new replication between M and the Rs.

e.g.
curl -sg -X POST 'http://sourceHost:5984/_replicate' -H 'Content-Type:application/json' -d
'{
 "source":"sourceDB",
 "target":"http://targetHost:5984/targetDB",
 "filter":"filters_erl/no_design",
 "continuous":true,
 "since_seq":59210797
}'

- mathias

On Jul 12, 2012, at 1:43 , Andreas Kemkes wrote:

> To speed up the process of breaking up one monolithic database into multiples, I used
an intermediate database to get to the end result:

> M   -- pre-filtered replication -->  I  -- 1..n filtered replications -->  R1..n
>

> Afterwards I tried to set up continuous filtered replications directly between M and
R1..n.  It seems that the replication algorithm runs through the entire file again and does
not take into account the last entry in Rx.

> To make proper use of the existing state of the databases R1..n, does the continuous
replication have the same source (i.e., I instead of M)?