couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Numerical accuracy and precision
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:27:44 GMT

Correct, numeric precision using the javascript view engine is limited to the 64-bit floating
point numbers that spidermonkey supports.

For arbitrary precision math, encode your values as strings and use a bignum library.

As an aside, if you're using floating-point numbers in an accounting context, you have already
fallen into sin.

B.