couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: trouble accessing futon
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 23:34:54 GMT
In my experience, that sounds like one of two things:

1. bind_address in local.ini/default.ini being set to 127.0.0.1 instead of 0.0.0.0
2. iptables or similar blocking inbound connections

If you've discounted [2], have you tried [1]?

Martin

On Monday, 9 July 2012 at 23:52, Lee Burke wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to couchdb and have my first installation on CentOS 6 and couchdb 1.0.3, installed
using yum.
> Using my Win7 PC and Firefox, I try to access http://hostname:5984/ or http://hostname:5984/_utils.
Neither will respond, Firefox times out with this message: The connection has timed out. The
server at hostname is taking too long to respond.
and also curl -X GET http://hostname:5984/_all_dbs and get the "_users" response.