couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Kemkes <a5s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Replication and checkpoints - what to expect?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:31:38 GMT
I wanted to follow up on this thread as I'm still experience difficulties using the feature
and would like some advise how to best deal with the situation.

The goal is to break up a monolithic database into multiple, which was achieved after a lot
of trial and error.  Now the quest is to keep it in sync for a while by using filtered, continuous
replications.  Yet the replication gets stuck on the last sequence number that passes the
filter.  In the Futon UI, I see:

Checkpointed source sequence 165850, current source sequence 166253, progress 99%

If I start a non-continuous replication with the exact same parameters, it returns:

{
    "ok": true,
    "no_changes": true,
    "session_id": ...,
    "source_last_seq": 165850,
    "replication_id_version": 2,
}
It apparently knows that there are no changes and it knows the current source sequence.  Why
could it not move the checkpointed source sequence forward to match the current source sequence?
 What am I missing?

Unless there is an exact match between checkpointed and current source sequence, how would
one ever know if a replication is up-to-date?

-- Andreas