couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP Pipelining?
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 21:42:21 GMT
It should, yes. Mochi *does* but there have been some spots in our handling where we misbehaved.
If there *are* bugs, I would really like to squish them.

On 1 Jul 2012, at 15:10, Jens Alfke wrote:

> Does the HTTP server in CouchDB [MochiWeb?] support HTTP pipelining? I'd like to enable
it in TouchDB's replicator as it should make 'pull' replication a lot faster, but I first
want to make sure it's not something unsupported or flaky in CouchDB.

> In the long run it would be good to come up with an extension to the API to allow the
replicator to fetch remote revisions in bulk. Currently the large number of small HTTP GETs
(one per revision) greatly lower the performance of pulls.