couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sami Sierla <sami.sie...@poplatek.fi>
Subject CouchDB 1.2.0 indexing dies silently
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 08:26:04 GMT
Hi,

We have a rather large database (about 90 million documents /200GB) running on CouchDB (1.0.3)
and we're now updating it to version 1.2.0 due to view compaction problems (large view group
compactions never finished).

At the moment we are rebuilding (JavaScript) views with 1.2.0 but during this we have stumbled
upon to new problem : indexer processes suddenly just disappear. Initially we got "OS Process
Timeout" -errors to log but after adjusting os_process_timeout to 30secs indexing still prematurely
stops but without any log entry.

Any ideas what might cause this behavior?

CouchDB is running on RHEL 5.8 and is statically linked with SpiderMonkey 1.8.5

Regards,
Sami Sierla / Poplatek Oy / Finland