couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB log to Syslog
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 12:48:43 GMT
sorry, there isn't, though './rebar compile' answers your first question. Adding it to couchdb
is a little tricky as it doesn't use rebar. You can look at the autoconf stuff that builds
the several projects under src/, though. It's basically just another one of those. Then you
need to tweak the log macros in couch_db.hrl to use twig instead.

B.

On 20 Jun 2012, at 13:35, Thomas Hommers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> are there any resources how to use / compile TWIG ?
>
> I saw it's written in Erlang and there is a file called "rebar". Do I need to use this
to compile it? Furthermore, how to link it to couchdb then?

> Thanks and regards
> Thomas

make CouchDB send its log information to a remote syslog server, which is what I presume you
meant rather that directing data to /var/log/syslog. Further, you should *not* tell couchdb
to write to /var/log/syslog as it will not work properly with concurrent writers or with the
normal log rotation scheme for that file.

> B.
>

> On 20 Jun 2012, at 09:49, Thomas Hommers wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for a way to harmonize different logs from different systems (Mailserver,
Webserver, DBs, ...).
>> Does somebody know of a way how to let couchDB log to syslog?
>>
>> Suggestion about another approach to keep track of different logs are welcome too.
As I just started with the project it would still be possible to switch the tools (for a good
reason).