couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luca Matteis <lmatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best stack for querying spatial locations
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 08:38:14 GMT
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> The trite answer would be to rewrite the Access DB into Couch with a nice
> couchapp front end for your friend's local copy,  & then summon replication
> to keep a public web version updated.

This is quite hard. My friend (colleague actually) is used to MS
Access and it would be really cumbersome to build a "web" version of
Access that contains similar functionalities. He's used to maintaining
his data in Access, and I don't think I can change that.

> There's a tool to dump a DB into JSON -
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/divconq/bin/jsonutils/JSONUtils_dotnet_v1001.zip

Awesome! I was looking for something like that. However this means
that he'll need to upload his ~2gb of data every time he makes
changes, no?