couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luca Matteis <lmatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding vs replicating documents
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 04:26:40 GMT
Ok, say I install a local Couch that I upload my 1gb of data to.
Whenever a change is made to a JSON document in my file, my routine
will still have to go through all the records and update my local
Couch, which would result in the entire DB updating, therefore the
replication would need to transfer *everything* to my hosted Couch
once again.

Maybe an easy way around this would be to find what files changed in
my JSON file, by simply looping through it.

Because I don't think a local Couch will solve the issue - or am I
missing something?