couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:12:52 GMT
Hi Juan,

Could you provide the output of the followings:
1. start an Erlang shell in the debug mode (erl -init_debug);
2. copy and paste:

application:start(sasl).
application:start(os_mon).

You should get something like I attached here if everything goes well.

CGS

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Juan José Sánchez Mesa <
juanjo.listas@doblej.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm new to the list.
>
> I was using CouchDB 1.10 on Ubuntu 10.04 and was working pretty well.
>
> Now, I've upgraded to 1.20 using sources, and now, CouchDB don't start
> with this error:
>
> {"init terminating in do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,{"**no such file or
> directory","os_mon.app"}}},[{**couch,start,0},{init,start_it,**
> 1},{init,start_em,1}]}}
> init terminating in do_boot ()
>

> This error suggests that erlang-os-mon package is not installed. But, it's
> already installed.
>
> I've tried to delete files in /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/**lib has
> suggested in http://wiki.apache.org/**couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_Ubuntu>and
do 'make install' but still not working.