couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: New Install on Windows 2011 SBS
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 09:24:51 GMT
Moved to user list from dev@.

On 18 June 2012 03:52, Ronnie F. Moller, Jr.
<ronnie@redbaronconsulting.com> wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed CouchDB 1.20 (R15B) on a SBS2011 server.
> Upon first start, it fails, with the following.
>

> ---------------
>

> Erlang R15B (erts-5.9) [source] [smp:8:8] [async-threads:0]
>

> Eshell V5.9  (abort with ^G)
>
> 1> {"init terminating in
> do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,{{app_would_not_start,os_mon},{couch_app,star
> t,[normal,["../etc/couchdb/default.ini","../etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]}}}}
> ,[{couch,start,0,[{file,"d:/relax/couchdb/src/couchdb/couch.erl"},{line,
> 18}]},{init,start_it,1,[{file,"init.erl"},{line,1041}]},{init,start_em,1
> ,[{file,"init.erl"},{line,1022}]}]}}
>
> init terminating in do_boot ()
>

> Abnormal termination
>

> ---------------
>

> I do not have a drive D:, and I am not sure where the setting D:/relax
> is coming from. I have checked the default.ini, and local.ini, and these

This is a line number error reported that refers to the source, which is
a D: drive on the box I use to build releases. Don't worry about that.

> are stock. I tested on a win7 x64, and it worked without a problem. Is
> this an error with SBS2011?

Very likely. What is different about SBS2011? I can't find a great deal.

The os_mon application is part of erlang itself.

Can you try starting just erlang?

open a command prompt

    pushd %where_ever_you_installed_couchdb%\bin
    erl -init_debug

Erlang starts up, then enter these:

    pwd().
    application:start(sasl).
    application:start(os_mon).
    application:start(crypto).

& send back what (if anything) happens.
You should get something like this:

c:\couch\r15b01\bin>erl -init_debug
{progress,preloaded}
{progress,kernel_load_completed}
{progress,modules_loaded}
{start,heart}
{start,error_logger}
{start,application_controller}
{progress,init_kernel_started}
{apply,{application,load,[{application,stdlib,[{description,"ERTS  CXC
138 10"},{vsn,"1.18.1"},{id,[]},{modules,[array,base64,beam_lib,binar
y,c,calendar,dets,dets_server,dets_sup,dets_utils,dets_v8,dets_v9,dict,digraph,digraph_utils,edlin,edlin_expand,epp,eval_bits,erl_bits,erl_c
ompile,erl_eval,erl_expand_records,erl_internal,erl_lint,erl_parse,erl_posix_msg,erl_pp,erl_scan,erl_tar,error_logger_file_h,error_logger_tt
y_h,escript,ets,file_sorter,filelib,filename,gb_trees,gb_sets,gen,gen_event,gen_fsm,gen_server,io,io_lib,io_lib_format,io_lib_fread,io_lib_p
retty,lib,lists,log_mf_h,math,ms_transform,orddict,ordsets,otp_internal,pg,pool,proc_lib,proplists,qlc,qlc_pt,queue,random,re,sets,shell,she
ll_default,slave,sofs,string,supervisor,supervisor_bridge,sys,timer,unicode,win32reg,zip]},{registered,[timer_server,rsh_starter,take_over_m
onitor,pool_master,dets]},{applications,[kernel]},{included_applications,[]},{env,[]},{maxT,infinity},{maxP,infinity}]}]}}
{progress,applications_loaded}
{apply,{application,start_boot,[kernel,permanent]}}
{apply,{application,start_boot,[stdlib,permanent]}}
{apply,{c,erlangrc,[]}}
{progress,started}

Eshell V5.9.1  (abort with ^G)

1> pwd().
c:/couch/r15b01/bin
ok
2> application:start(sasl).
ok

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Jun-2012::11:21:56 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.38.0>},
                       {name,alarm_handler},
                       {mfargs,{alarm_handler,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]
3>
=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Jun-2012::11:21:56 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.39.0>},
                       {name,overload},
                       {mfargs,{overload,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]
3>
=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Jun-2012::11:21:56 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.37.0>},
                       {name,sasl_safe_sup},
                       {mfargs,
                           {supervisor,start_link,
                               [{local,sasl_safe_sup},sasl,safe]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,infinity},
                       {child_type,supervisor}]
3>
=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Jun-2012::11:21:56 ===
          supervisor: {local,sasl_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.40.0>},
                       {name,release_handler},
                       {mfargs,{release_handler,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]
3>
=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Jun-2012::11:21:56 ===
         application: sasl
          started_at: nonode@nohost
3> application:start(os_mon).

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Jun-2012::11:21:58 ===
          supervisor: {local,os_mon_sup}
             started: [{pid,<0.47.0>},
                       {name,os_mon_sysinfo},
                       {mfargs,{os_mon_sysinfo,start_link,[]}},
                       {restart_type,permanent},
                       {shutdown,2000},
                       {child_type,worker}]

=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-Jun-2012::11:21:58 ===