couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Tim Tisdall <tisd...@gmail.com>
Subject result from _bulk_docs update being truncated
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:47:38 GMT
I'm having a strange intermittent problem where the result returned
from a POST to _bulk_docs is being truncated.  I know it's being
truncated because the truncation makes the result invalid JSON and my
script throws an exception because it can't decode it.  However, I
can't replicate it consistently and it seems rather random.  I'm using
code nearly identical to CouchSimple on the wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_PHP#What_Does_it_Do.3F
.

Right now it's consistently truncating after 65734 characters, but I
saw this occurring in another script at around 2^15 bytes.  I suspect
there's something awry with PHP's fsockopen, but I'm hoping someone
here has seen this and found a solution or work-around.

-Tim