couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Documents with 1000 revisions
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 09:52:34 GMT
CouchDB only remembers the last 1000 _rev values by default (even
after compaction). The reason it remembers past _rev values at all is
so we can determine common ancestry when merging due to replication.
The reason we cut off at 1000 is to avoid the unbounded storage
problem of keeping them all.

None of this stops you updating a document as many times as you like.
Please show whatever is preventing you from updating, I'm prepared to
bet that it is not CouchDB itself.

B.

On 1 June 2012 23:25, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> On 2 June 2012 00:09, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 1, 2012, at 2:12 PM, Matthias Eck wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed that a very small number of documents in my database have
>>> 1000 revisions, which somehow prevents them from being updated again.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure CouchDB doesn't have any limit on the number of revisions of a document.
Perhaps the API/library you're using to access it has a bug that breaks with 4-digit revision
numbers? What API are you using?