couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Gonzalez <gonva...@gonvaled.com>
Subject Get total number of documents in view, without getting all documents
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:47:42 GMT
Hello,

I have a view which currently contains around 50 thousand documents.
I need to display the exact number of documents. For that I access the view
and take a look at the total_rows field.
I am doing this in pyhton, with python-couchdb, like this:

View(<my parameters>).total_rows

The problem is that this is taking a long time. It seems it is getting all
documents-
I am not sure whether this expected behaviour, or maybe I am doing
something wrong.

Is there a way to get the total number of documents in a view without
getting the documents themselves?

BR,
Daniel