couchdb-user mailing list archives

From till <klimp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB packaging for Ubuntu
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 18:46:54 GMT
Hey,

[ CC'd user@ to get more feedback. ]

I made some progress.

I have builds for the following more or less ready:

 * karmic
 * lucid
 * maverick
 * oneiric
 * natty
 * precise

It's building and I am trying to refine the process a bit. So it might break in between [aka
WIP]. I'm just adding this as a disclaimer.

https://launchpad.net/~till-php/+archive/couchdb

Would you mind testing my builds? :) So far, I only tested lucid briefly (and ran into the
xulrunner issue, which I think I have auto-fixed now). Besides I just started it up, created
a DB and entered some docs into it.

(Also, @Jan:)

I'm trying to figure out how to setup more automated testing. "make check" always requires
the source tree to be present, I'd like "make check" against my installed binaries. I saw
the "verify installation" in Futon – something like that for the command line so I can iterate
on these builds and trigger a "test this" in a continuous integration setup. Building is part
of it, but since building a binary and installing it are two separate steps I want to ensure
that the second step also works. I am still trying to wrap my head around a setup where I
can maybe knife up a few instances in THE CLOUD, install my package, run its test-suite and
confirm.

Till