couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB log to Syslog
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:04:11 GMT
Hi,

You could look at our twig project (https://github.com/cloudant/twig). We use this to make
CouchDB send its log information to a remote syslog server, which is what I presume you meant
rather that directing data to /var/log/syslog. Further, you should *not* tell couchdb to write
to /var/log/syslog as it will not work properly with concurrent writers or with the normal
log rotation scheme for that file.

B.

On 20 Jun 2012, at 09:49, Thomas Hommers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a way to harmonize different logs from different systems (Mailserver,
Webserver, DBs, ...).
> Does somebody know of a way how to let couchDB log to syslog?
>
> Suggestion about another approach to keep track of different logs are welcome too. As
I just started with the project it would still be possible to switch the tools (for a good
reason).