couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin R. Coombes" <kevin.r.coom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View access during indexing
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:17:32 GMT
If possible, you might also want to consider putting each view in a
separate design document; while one view is rebuilding, you shoudl still
be able to access views that are part of a different design.

On 6/6/2012 6:55 AM, Nils Breunese wrote:
> Matthias Eck wrote:
>
>> One of my databases in CouchDB has close to 1,000,000 documents with a
>> size of about 200GB.
>> If I change one of the views, the indexing takes about 2 hours.
>>
>> This time would be not a problem, but I am wondering why I cannot
>> access the other views, that were previously generated during the
>> indexing time.
>> Currently none of the views is available, taking my web application
>> down during this time.
>>
>> Is there a parameter that can be adjusted to allow view access during indexing?
> I suggest adding an updated design document under a new name, run the view indexing on
that one and switching over the design document to the production location afterwards. See
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_deploy_view_changes_in_a_live_environment for some more
details.